Friday, March 21, 2014

Paciugo Gelato

I was down by the shore in St. Petersburg the other week, getting some fine tea at Hooker Tea Company, when I decided to scope out the gelato joint next door, just for kicks. It was breakfast and I wasn't really in the market for ice cream that early but when I saw that the place - Paciugo, it's called - had violet gelato, I scrambled for the wallet.

Violet gelato. Do you hear me? Violet gelato. If you fetishize, as I do, those old 1940s violet candies that somehow still exist to this day (you may have seen them referenced on Mad Men) then you have to get down here and try this. They have other flavors. I can't think of any right now. They're fine, I'm sure. There's a list of them here, in fact. But dude. Violet gelato.

No comments:

Post a Comment