Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hyppo

In the Colonial Quarter of St. Augustine a few months ago, I discovered the most amazing frozen treat - so amazing it completely derailed and distracted me from my quest for sangria: Hyppo Gourmet Popsicles.

Hyppo has carved out a unique niche. offering such unlikely sounding flavors as Blueberry Goat Cheese, Datil Strawberry, Cucumber Lemon Mint, Pineapple Cilantro, Cracked Pepper Melon, something they call "Elvis" (peanut butter, banana and honey) and yes, they even offer sangria popsicles. Their wares are made from fresh fruit, cane sugar, and real ingredients.

They have five locations - four in St. Augustine and one I haven't been to (yet) in Orlando. (But I will.)

Their name, in case you were wondering, derives from the combination of the street name of their flagship location (Hypolita Street) and that of Saint Augustine of Hippo, for whom the city of St. Augustine is named.

No comments:

Post a Comment