Friday, February 7, 2014

Chewy Boba Company

I came to Interzone for the Bubble Tea, really, and though I gripe a lot about Orlando there's no denying they host Florida's foremost purveyor of boba - the Chewy Boba Company. There are three locations to choose from, but I frequent the one near UCF when I'm stuck inside of Orlando with the Tampa blues again.

Even if you're not a fan of boba, or even if you don't know what that means, if you like avocados CBC will blow your mind. (And if you don't like avocados, we need to talk.) They have an entire section of the menu devoted to avocado drinks, in all kinds of flavors with all kinds of textures. I love their Vanilla Avocado Boba Smoothie, with the true-legit giant hard straw big enough to suck up the bulbous globs of tapioca boba - you punch it into the sealed lid as you would a juice box.

The UCF location also has a miniature art gallery on one wall, spotlighting the works of local hipster artists, and even events with live music. If I lived in Orlando (God forbid), I would probably be sitting in a corner here all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment